Skip to main content

Featured post

7 online stores to buy groceries in discounted rates

Online shopping has taken itself as a common medium for convenient shopping. It has turned itself into a necessity, being a popular medium of shopping for the internet community. It was a mere trend that provided ultimate convenience to its customers. However, today there are millions of online shopping websites being created and deployed every passing day in order to cater the demands of online customers.  In Pakistan, there are hundreds of reliable, trustworthy and hassle-free online websites that offer exceptional services to its customers. Big firms and well-known organizations have started their own online venture, trying to gain more benefits from the progressive approach from the e-commerce sector. Studies show that the increase of online consumers at an exponential rate is due to the reliable services that have increased good reviews regarding them. Hence, more people refer online shopping with the passage of time, increasing the consumer numbers.  pakistangrocery.com Pakistang

The Quarantine Era: is the Era of Baking.

Quarantine Era is the Era of Baking
© Photo by Chelsea Kyle, Food Styling by Kate Buckens
The coronavirus outbreak has rattled our daily lives, and things seem to change minute by minute. But there's one constant: we have to eat. How do we cook among the chaos? What recipes do we lean on? How can we use cooking to stay calm? That's what we're exploring in this series, The Way We're Cooking Now.
More than one hundred. That’s the number of cookies, cakes, brownies, and breads I saved on Instagram in the last twelve days—and never actually made.
Ambitious? Yes, but also a little odd, because baking is my favorite thing to do in the kitchen. I love folding flour and whipping cream and creaming butter. I love knowing that after mixing together simple pantry ingredients like flour, oil, and cocoa powder, I’ll have something sweet to nibble on for the days ahead. But that doesn’t mean that I bake as often as I’d like. It’s a task that deserves and requires mostly undivided attention—something I’m not always able to give.
Lockdown since 15 days and social distancing brought uncertainty and restlessness and boredom, and I needed a way out. If I was going to be confined to my home, then I needed to spend my time doing something I enjoyed like baking, cooking, and blogging.
On Thursday, while making chicken karahai for dinner, I looked in my pantry and saw leftover flour from the holidays. There were baking powder, baking soda in the kitchen and yogurt in the fridge. So instead of eating my dinner with roti/bread. I mixed and knead a soft dough and cooked and ate chicken karahai with a freshly home-made naan. It didn't solve any of the problems outside my door but it did relax my brain a bit.
yummy Chicken karahai
I’ve seen many of my friends start baking and cooking in response to this quarantine vacations from university/work. Baking a cake and chicken bread is an easy way to feel in control of at least one thing when everything else seems out of control. Cooking dinner for your family might provide a distraction from hours of boredom in quarantine or reduce stress for parents working from home.
"When I'm stressed about something", says my mother, "it helps to totally give myself over to a cake or cookie recipe, allowing myself to forget about anything but the mixer in front of me, at least for a short time". She recently baked chocolate cupcake for me and my brother. "Baking is a great place to direct pent up energy or anxiety", she says. 
While making chicken bread, I had a lot of fun mixing ingredients with my hands (thoroughly washed, of course), kneading the dough, and sprinkling liberal amounts of sesame seeds everywhere. The process of creating something, especially something that I could eat and share with my family, simply made me happy. And when everything is serious and scary, I will take all the happiness I can get. Making chicken bread was a great way to get my mind off of stressful statistics and predictions of when social distancing might end. I think it’s important to stay updated on the news and be aware of what’s going on, but when the world feels like it’s ending, it’s nice to take a break and have some fun. 
Chicken bread baking
Baking also made me realize why people turn to food as a source of comfort — cooking is an act of love. Nothing beats your parents making soup when you’re sick or someone baking a cake for your birthday. We bring over macaroni when neighbors are having a hard time, and now, we bake for family members during a pandemic. Taking the time to think of someone and make food for them is a concrete way of showing that you care and sharing your hard work in a delicious way. 
For many of us, separating work time from us time will always be somewhat of a struggle, and working remotely makes this even more true. But spending more time at home helped me realize this: maybe there isn't always time for baking―but if there ever was a time to start baking more, that time is now.

These Days, STEPPING OUT COULD BE DANGEROUS.
Stay indoors, Stay safe.

Comments

  1. I truly believe this is the baking era. Since we are in quarantine we can experiment so much in the kitchen. I love experimenting with new recipes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh beautiful! Loved the pictures in this thread.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Baking a cake and chicken bread is an easy way to feel in control of at least one thing when everything else seems out of control.😋😉.yeah well said😁👍

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks delicious! I love that cooking and baking is really so much more than just creating food - it's a creative outlet, a love language, and more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so true. My 10 year old has found a new love for baking and cooking. I am loving it, now we have another little chef at home!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're right, I have seen a large number of people sharing their latest baking efforts all over social media. People are taking this time to try new recipes and make all the things they don't normally have time to make.

    ReplyDelete
  7. SO true omg I have been cooking/baking so much lately! I honestly love it though, finally getting out of my culinary comfort zone!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so right that food does provide comfort and is definitely a way to show love. And baking bread is a great skill to have especially when you can't find any in the stores.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your right. This is the baking era. Since I can't travel right now. I've been doing nothing but write and bake. I really want that bread up there too. It looks yummy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Economic Effects of COVID-19 Around the World

As the world grapples with the coronavirus, the economic impact is mounting - with the OECD warning the virus presents the biggest danger to the global economy since the 2008 financial crisis. UNCTAD, the UN trade agency, warned of a slowdown of global growth to under 2% this year, effectively wiping $1 trillion off the value of the world economy. A poll of economists by the London School of Economics found 51% believed the world faces a major recession, even if COVID-19 kills no more people than seasonal flu. Only 5% said they did not think it would. There are now some 170,000 confirmed cases of COVID-19 globally, the new coronavirus that emerged in Wuhan, China, in December and is spreading around the world. Businesses are dealing with lost revenue and disrupted supply chains due to China’s factory shutdowns. Weeks after China imposed travel restrictions on million of its people, Italy placed quarantine measures on its entire population, with France and Spain imposing si

High Street Fashion

A high-mode mark is recognized as rapid mode retail, an increasing fashion industry phenomenon. The goal of fast fashion is to place clothing in distributors as quickly as feasible. Some highway distributors buy and buy fresh fashionable products every week and refill stocks. Fashion companies use time more and more as a factor to increase competitiveness. Regarding the rapid fashion business model, they were accomplished a competitive advantage through rapidly reacting to trends. The purchase and dressing of new garments are an increasingly successful way to enhance the mood of some individuals. It seems that increasing numbers of individuals are dependent upon their emotions when they decide to wear something fresh. These feelings can improve or strengthen their uniqueness or their enjoyment in introducing a distinct aspect to the globe. It indicates a range of circumstances of use or the number of products an individual has bought or eaten over a period of time. The frequency of u

Forgiveness

Forgiveness has three aspects:  To forgive anyone for having wronged  To ask for forgiveness from the one whom we have  To forgive yourself Of the three, I believe that the last one is the hardest. Forgiving those who seemed to have wronged us is better than asking for forgiveness. With the passage of time when the initial pain they caused us starts to become dull and distant and because we see they do not repeat their old habits, because we see that there is a genuine change in them, and that they apologise and seek us for forgiveness enthusiastically, excited and genuinely we find it more convenient to forgive them. It's better to give them a second chance. We replay all the memories of the good times with them in our heads and use this positivity to cancel out one or two actions of negativity they have done. With the passage of time, and with changing circumstances, and with them and ourselves changing, this is the simplest and perhaps the easiest kind of forgiveness. Fu